- Back to Home »
- 2020 Legislative & Communications Assistant
Friday, November 8, 2019
2020 Legislative & Communications Assistant
Indiana Institute for Working Families is seeking to hire an intern for the 2020 legislative session of the Indiana General Assembly. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, a critical thinker, and motivated to make positive change for working families in Indiana. The wage is $13/hour and an applicant can expect 25-29 hours per week. Our preferred availability is full availability on Wednesdays with minimal conflicts other days.
About Indiana Institute for Working Families
When families are financially stable, they can achieve their full potential and better contribute to their communities. Policy plays an important role in building families' economic well-being.
The Indiana Institute for Working Families – a program of the Indiana Community Action Association (INCAA) – promotes public policies to help Hoosier families achieve financial well-being. We value, gather, and translate quantitative and qualitative data to communicate the opportunities and challenges that Hoosiers experience. We advance well-being by promoting evidence-based solutions and building coalitions to engage in direct and strategic conversations with policymakers and the public.
- Take detailed notes at committee hearings
- Help keep staff calendars, updating staff with daily legislative calendar
- Engage in specific research tasks as assigned by Institute staff
- Summarize policies for public consumption
- Draft action alerts and other written materials
- Administrative tasks to support Institute efficiency
- Ability to identify areas of potential support or conflict in legislation
- Flexible schedule including availability on Wednesdays
- Organized with regards to time management, project completion, and communication
- Motivated to make positive change for working families in Indiana
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Amy Carter, Policy Analyst at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until November 15, 2019 or the position is filled.
The Indiana Institute for Working Families is committed to building a diverse, inclusive staff. We encourage applications from individuals whose lived experiences can help to shape our priorities and our advocacy.
For more information about the Institute, please visit: